CBM PSYCHOLOGICAL & COUNSELLING SERVICES
COVID-19 Update: The government announced on May 14th that our business has been allowed to re-open for in-person counselling as of May 19th. We are happy to hear this but will first need to complete a number of crucial steps to ensure we are able to provide a safe environment for our clients and staff before doing so. We do not yet have an exact date as to when in-person sessions will resume but expect this to be sometime in June.
We expect that we will also re-open the office in phases and that there will be a number of limitations put in place as well as limited hours in order to allow for proper physical distancing, cleaning and sanitization between appointments. We have continued to provide the majority of our clients with services during this time via telephone or video sessions and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
Please review the following checklist prior to attending an in-person appointment:
- Have you travelled outside of Ontario in the past 14 days?
- Have you had close contact with anyone with a confirmed or presumptive diagnosis of COVID-19?
- Have you had a confirmed case of COVID-19 or had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Do you currently have, or in the past 14 days, had any of the following symptoms?
- Fever (or signs of a fever including chills, sweats, muscle aches etc.)?
- New onset of cough or worsening chronic cough?
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
- Sore throat and/or difficulty swallowing?
- Loss of sense of smell or taste?
- Headaches, nausea, vomiting?
- Diarrhea or abdominal pain?
- Unexplained loss of appetite?
- Small red or purple spots on our hands and/or feet?
If you have answered yes to any of the above questions, please cancel or reschedule your appointment. Complete the Ontario Government’s self-assessment https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/ and contact an appropriate authority such as your family physician, local medical officer of health or Telehealth Ontario.
Office Safety Precautions in Effect During the COVID Pandemic
CBM Psychological & Counselling Services is taking the following precautions to protect our staff and clients and help slow the spread of the coronavirus:
- We are limiting the number of practitioners working at one time to allow for easier social distancing.
- We are scheduling appointments in such a way to avoid or minimize clients coming into contact with each other in the wait room.
- We ask all patients to wait in their cars or outside and to not arrive at the office until no earlier than 5 minutes before their appointment times.
- Building management has installed hand sanitizers at both the front and back entrances of the building for your use.
- When clients arrive at the office, the door will be open to prevent them having to touch the doorknobs.
- Unless you are bringing your child, need special assistance, or are members of the same household who are BOTH attending the appointment, please arrive ALONE.
- If you develop symptoms within our 24-hour cancellation period, please cancel and reschedule your appointment. You will not be charged for this.
- Please review the Covid-19 checklist on the office door when you arrive for your appointment. If you answer yes to any of the items, do not enter the office. We will reschedule your appointment, again, at no cost to you.
- Everyone is required to wash their hands upon arriving for their appointments.
- Soap dispensers and disposable paper towels are provided for your use.
- PLEASE NOTE: Clients are being asked to NOT wear gloves to the office as hand washing is the gold standard for minimizing infections. You can bring clean disposable gloves with you that you can put on after washing your hands, if you wish.
- Clients will be required to sign in using the visitor log at reception.
- Staff and therapists will maintain safe distancing and wear masks, or face shields as needed. Physical contact is not permitted.
- Clients are to wear a mask to their appointment.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is available in the therapy/testing rooms, the waiting room and at the reception counter.
- Credit card pads, pens and other areas that are commonly touched are thoroughly sanitized after each use.
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessible. Trash is disposed of regularly throughout the day.
- Common areas are thoroughly disinfected after each client and at the end of each day.